ENGM116 Leadership and the Management of Project Risk, Quality and People
ENGM116 Leadership and the Management of Project Risk, Quality and People Assignment 2
Canvas (Turnitin) Submission Deadline: Tuesday, 7th February 2023 by 2pm
The following learning outcomes will be assessed:
- The ability to assess risk associated with a given project or activity and to develop strategies to manage risk.
- The ability to develop and apply strategies to apply risk in a given project context.
You are required to submit your work within the bounds of the University Infringement of Assessment Regulations (see your Programme Guide). Plagiarism, paraphrasing and downloading large amounts of information from external sources, will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely. Although you should make full use of any source material, which would normally be an occasional sentence and/or paragraph (referenced) followed by your own critical analysis/evaluation. You will receive no marks for work that is not your own. Your work may be subject to checks for originality which can include use of an electronic plagiarism detection service. Where you are asked to submit an individual piece of work, the work must be entirely your own.
The safety of your assessments is your responsibility. You must not permit another student access to your work.
Where referencing is required, unless otherwise stated, the Harvard referencing system must be used (see your Programme Guide).
Read and analyse the First Solar Case Study (provided)
Identify three key risks that could impact on quality outcomes.
Justify and support your choice of risks by reference to the literature. For each risk:
- Build up the relevant risk specifications (see that attached template as a reminder of the field included in this)
- For each risk
- Justify your choice of impact and probability ratings.
- Explore the potential mitigation and contingency plans and consider the budgetary implications of these plans.
Use two of the techniques covered in the module to explore one or more of these risks in more detail. Choose from: Pareto analysis, Riskit Analysis Graph, or the Ishikawa diagram.
Justify your choice of techniques considering their relevance and identifying at which part of the risk management lifecycle they are of most value. Support your argument by making reference to relevant risk literature.
N.B. for this assignment you must explicitly state and justify any assumptions you have made in addition to the information provided in the case study.
The assignment should be submitted in report form with major sections matching the two tasks and minor sections matching the sub-tasks identified.
The assignment should be of 3000 words in length.
- All literature that is cited in the report must be listed; any references listed must also be cited within the report.
- All references must be presented using formal Harvard Referencing style.
Format for the assignment.
Use the format given below
- A4 pages with margins 2cm.
- A standard font such as Arial, Times New Roman, or Calibri in 11pt.
- Single line spacing.
- Paragraphs followed by 6pt spacing preceded by zero spacing.
- Headers on each page giving your name, student number and course.
- Footers on each page giving your assignment title, page number and count (page x of y) Do
- A cover page
- table of contents
- executive summary
- an introduction
- a conclusion or summary
Submission of the assignment.
The assignment is to be submitted electronically as either one MS Word or pdf file in CANVAS ‘Turnitin’ identified within the module’s CANVAS area, by the date and time specified.
N.B. Assignment drafts can be submitted into the Turnitin class in advance of the final submission as each draft will be overwritten up until the final submission date/time after which no further submissions will be allowed.
|Risk Item Description:||Risk ID:|
|Risk Statement Condition: if|
|Risk Statement Consequence(s): then [and …]|
|Probability: V.Low / Low / Medium / High / V.High||Impact: V.Low / Low / Medium / High / V.High|
|Earliest the risk could have an effect:||Latest the risk could have an effect:|
|Mitigation Plan: [to prevent/reduce the chance that the situation will occur]|
|Contingency Plan: [to deal with situation when it occurs]|