Get Assignment Help with Effective Business Communication
ATHE – Awards for Training and Higher Education offers student assignments in form of multiple assessment criteria such as problem-solving, presentation, written communication, etc to assess their knowledge of the subject. In the Level 3 Diploma in Business and Management of Effective Business Communication, there are mainly six task criteria that every student need to clear in order to showcase their proficiency in the Effective Business Communication Assignment.
Produce an informative handbook to guide the business students. The title of the document is “How to communicate well at work”. You should ensure the document is professionally presented, with appropriate headings and subheadings so that the information is clear. Your tutor has asked you to provide examples to support the points you make in the handbook. She has sent you the following email:
We do not have a lesson today but you must do the following sections for the handbook. I must get the Day ready and remember this work needs to be done professionally. Provide an explanation of:
- the importance of clear communication and the impact of unclear communication to business
- the different communication styles used
- the use of communication skills to build rapport with others
- the purpose of different types of questioning
- the importance of clear, concise and complete written communication
- the importance of non-verbal communication including ‘personal space’
- the kinds of non-verbal signals which can be sent through own personal appearance
Don’t forget the handbook also needs a section describing the key elements of effective listening
Task 2 – Problem-solving
Communication is just one of the skills business students need. Another is problem-solving. Sometimes detailed analysis of problems is needed. She has asked you to produce a handout that includes examples and explains:
- the nature of common business problems
For a Merit grade your handout must also explain:
- the six-step process of analysing a problem and finding the right solution
LO6, AC 6.1, 6M1
When working in business, some people will be required to make telephone calls, run meetings, make presentations and produce documents. Your tutor was pleased with your work to date so she now wants you to produce appropriate guidance for each of these scenarios. Produce a series of ‘How to … ‘guides:
- “How to make a telephone call effective”.
Make sure you:
- describe the key elements of effective listening
- describe the factors that make a telephone call effective
- “How to run an effective Business meeting”.
Make sure you include information about the characteristics of a good meeting:
- Describe the factors that differentiate a productive meeting from an unproductive one. Explain how you can make a positive contribution to any meeting.
- Differentiate between a formal and an informal agenda.
- Describe the purpose and contents of the Minutes of a meeting.
- Describe the responsibilities of a Chairperson.
- “How to make an effective Business presentation”.
Make sure you:
- Describe the different occasions which require information to be presented to others
- Explain the characteristics of an effective presentation, including the difference between an effective and ineffective visual aid.
(AC 1.2, 1.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3)
Additional extension activities for Merit and Distinction grades
Task 4 – Presentations
Your tutor is planning to run a series of workshops on Induction Day and they will relate to the work you did in task 1. She would like students to give presentations to others in the group and has asked you to help prepare the materials.
You need to produce a variety of visual aids for two of the workshops which will be headed ‘Understanding the key principles and methods of verbal communication in business contexts’ and broken down into the 4 areas below. Use points 1 and 2 for presentation 1 and points 3 and 4 for presentation 2.
1. Importance of clear communications and the impact of unclear communications
2. Different communication styles
3. Use of communication skills to build rapport
4. The purpose of different types of questioning
You could include handouts, PowerPoint slides, posters etc.
- Once you have done this, you can deliver the two presentations to make sure they are interesting and appropriate for your audience
- After your presentations make sure you ask for questions so that you can demonstrate your own communication and listening skills. You must show you can:
- communicate clearly and assertively
- demonstrate effective listening and appropriate questioning skills
(AC 5M1, 5D1, 1D1 and1D2)
Task 5 – Effective written communication
You need to collate examples of effective business communications to show to the new students. Examples could include the handouts, reports from previous tasks PowerPoint slides, Minutes from a meeting; emails to employers,
Task 6 – Running a meeting
Your tutor has provided the following scenario for further Induction material:
Your boss is working with a global project team to develop a new product. There are 5 members in his team: 2 in the USA, another in Tokyo and one from Japan who is new to the project. Your boss is UK based. The purpose of the meeting is for the team to get to know each other, agree on a language for communication and establish whether interpreters are needed, decide how regularly they need to meet (either in person or virtually). If they are going to meet virtually they will also need to decide the type of technology to use. During part of the meeting, they need to make decisions on 2 proposals that will be put forward.
- He has asked you to work with others to plan the first virtual meeting so he can ‘meet’ his business partners. Produce an agenda and detailed notes for him as he will be chairing it.
- How did the planning go? Use the task to
- assess your own listening skills and
- describe the key elements of assertive communication and its impact on the planning process.
- Working individually, you should also include a further guide for your ‘boss’:
an analysis of the characteristics of an effective meeting
(AC 1M1, 1M2, 4M1 4D1)
Get Effective Business Communication Assignment Help in Level 3 Diploma in Business and Management with HND Assignment Help
Students can avail of assignment help services for Effective Business Communication Assignment Help in Level 3 Diploma in Business and Management with the HND Assignment help team as they offer 100% plagiarism free content, on-time delivery and an affordable price range. Our experts have deep knowledge of the subject and can obtain high marks. Contact us today for assignment help and get a winning edge over fellow students.