Get Help with CMA4002 Innovation in Construction Assignment
CMA4002 Innovation in Construction
|Module Code and Name||CMA4002 Innovation in Construction|
|Module Leader||Dr Obafemi Oyewole|
|Assessment component||Component 1: Group Poster Component 2: Report|
|Restrictions on time/word count||Component 1: (3-4 Students) Group Poster (Maximum 1,000 words) Component 2: Report 3000 words|
|Consequence of not meeting word count limit||There is a risk that you may not maximise your potential mark.|
|Individual/group||Component 1 Group Poster Component 2 Individual Report Submission|
|Assessment weighting||Component 1: Group Poster (Max. 1000 words) = 25% Component 2: Report (3000 words) = 75%|
|Submission dates||Component 1: Group Poster Deadline:19/06/2023 before 23:59 Component 2: Report Deadline: 26/06/2023 before 23:59|
Assessment Task – Summary
Component 1 – Group Poster Guidance (Max. 1000 words):
Based on the proposed Revit design of a three-bedroom bungalow, you are required to prepare a Poster of images of three stages involved in the project. The following elements should be included in your poster:
|Page 1||Page 2|
|Module code (CMA4002)Topic (Innovation in Construction)Names of all members of the groupEach group member contribution||Stage 1: A labelled bungalow plan view and a summary of the design process involved. Stage 2: The 3D view and a summary of the design process involved. Stage 3: The east elevation view and a summary of the design process involved. Stage 4: The west elevation view and a summary of the design process involved. Stage 5: Three (3) advantages of using the REVIT modelling Software.|
Revit Design Sample
EXAMPLE OF A LABELLED BUNGALOW PLAN VIEW
EXAMPLE OF A BUNGALOW 3D VIEW
EXAMPLE OF A BUNGALOW EAST VIEW
EXAMPLE OF A BUNGALOW WEST VIEW
Component 2 – Report (3000 words)
Prepare a 3000-word Report on innovation management, technologies, and digital innovation in construction industry.
- Describe and explain theories and strategies for managing innovation.
- Identify and describe different types of innovation.
- Describe the levels of innovation to include incremental, sustaining, disruptive, and radical innovation.
- Describe innovation theories and practices, as well as strategies for managing innovation in construction.
- Based on your general understanding of the current challenges facing the construction industry, identify and explain digital innovative solutions used in the construction industry to tackle and solve the challenges below.
- Labor/Workforce Shortages
- Construction Cost Overruns
- Environmental Sustainability issues
- Health and Safety Concerns on site.
- Identify and describe how the SIX (6) Construction innovative technologies mentioned below work, including the advantages and disadvantages of each technology.
- BIM (Building information Modelling)
- Mixed reality (Augmented and Virtual Reality)
- Digital Twin
- 3D Printing
- Modular construction
- Explore and explain the below SIX (6) innovative construction materials, including their importance.
- Ultra-High-Performance Concrete
- Transparent Aluminium:
- Self-healing Concrete
- Bio-based Insulation:
This assessment will enable you to demonstrate in full or in part the following learning outcomes:
|Component 2||LO 1||An understanding of theories and strategies for managing innovation|
|LO 2||Recognition of digital innovation technologies and concepts used in the construction industry and the impact on the built environment.|
|LO 3||Appreciating the importance of innovation in relation to materials technology and the future technologies for the construction industry.|
|Component 1 (Weekly Workshops)||LO4||Managing Construction Project with the use of BIM tool (Revit).|
The Harvard style of referencing is the GBS standard referencing system. There are many other systems, but Harvard is one of the most straightforward to use and one of the easiest to get right!
There are many guides available online for how to reference using the Harvard System but the Cite Them Right website is an excellent place to start: www.citethemright.co.uk
Click on the following link to access GBS Harvard Guide referencing:
All assessments should be submitted to the module Moodle site (Assessments tab) by no later than 23:59 on the designated submission date. For guidance on how to upload your work to Moodle, please see:
Academic Integrity is essential for the successful completion of your studies.
If you do not understand how to properly reference your work you risk accidentally committing academic misconduct, such as plagiarism, collusion, or cheating. This may result in you failing an assignment or a module. Repeated academic misconduct can lead to more serious consequences.
All student work submitted at GBS is thoroughly checked by anti-plagiarism software to ensure it is your own work and not the work of others.
Click here to go to our Academic Integrity course to learn more about this important topic and how you can avoid academic misconduct.