Get Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age Assignment
|Course/Programme:||BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation|
|Level: Foundation Year 0 (Level 0) Year 2 Level 4 Year 3 Level 5 Year 4 Level 6||Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)|
|Module Title:||Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age|
|Module Leader:||Chandranna Rayadurg|
|Assignment title:||Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age|
|Weighting:||100% of overall module grade|
|Date given out:||June 23rd 2023|
|Submission date:||July 31st 2023|
|For late submission, please check CCCU Taught regulation (page 28 on late submission) and Extenuating Policy:||CCCU Taught regulation CCCU Extenuating Circumstances Policy|
|Method of submission:||x||Online only||Online and paper copy|
|Special instructions for submission (if any):|
|Date for results and feedback (please note the final grade is subject to the main CCCU assessment Board)||August 28th 2023|
|Learning outcomes assessed:||LO1. Understand the key terms and considerations associated with using the internet|
|LO2. Take responsibility for personal security and privacy when using the internet|
|LO3. Develop online research skills|
|LO4. Develop digital communication skills|
The penalty to be applied to late course work, which will include course work where the work is graded on a pass/fail basis and it is possible to give a numerical mark, will be 5 per cent (of the eligible marks) per day, for up to seven days, after which a mark of 0 will be recorded.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become significantly important for digital businesses and has become even more imperative during the current pandemic. This is evident through the widespread use of cell phones, smart phones, emails, web conferencing, Internet and Cloud etc. However, it is not all the good news. There are challenges as well.
You are required to write a report on the following THREE topics:
- Personal computers such as desktops, laptops, tablets and the smart phones have revolutionized lives of many people around the world, wherever there is an access to the Internet. This revolution also affects governments through e-government while governments around the world recognize e-government’s importance and benefits and looking for related solutions to optimize their services to the citizens. Discuss the advantages, disadvantages of adopting e-Government for any specific country of your choice, discussing the impact of Internet.
- Cloud computing, cloud storage and ecommerce are becoming the new normal even in industries that, before the pandemic, seemed decades away from digitalisation. Discuss advantages, disadvantages, suitability, and applications of cloud storage and computing in improving digitalisation.
- Approximately 50% of world’s population have access to digital world and is being used extensively for many applications. However, there are challenges associated with the digital footprint. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of being digital and how anyone could overcome these challenges.
|Formatting and Report|
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
- Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
- Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
- Document format: Report
- Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
- Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Please refer to CCCU General Assessment Grading Criteria and rubric