HI5029 IS Project Management
Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines Trimester T1 2022 Unit Code HI5029 Unit Title IS Project Management Assessment Type Group Assignment Assessment Title Assessment 2, Group Case Study Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) Students are required to work in project teams (groups 4) to complete a project report based on a given case study. Students will be expected to critically evaluate the project requirements and provide a project plan that includes; scheduling of task, assigning physical and human resources, cost control, procurement and risk management. The project plan should be designed to be presented to a diverse range of stakeholders. Students will be able to: interpret and critique a variety of project management methodologies including both traditional and agile approaches;interpret user requirements and project management related data and make appropriate recommendations within a project context;apply scheduling, budgeting, risk management and other project management tools and procedures to a project. Weight 40% of the total assessments Total Marks 40% Word limit 4000 words Due Date 3a Draft week 73b Final submission week 10 Submission Guidelines All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on allfour sides of your page with appropriate section headings.Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
HI5029 IS Project Management 1
Holmes Institute is committed to ensuring and upholding Academic Integrity, as Academic Integrity is integral to maintaining academic quality and the reputation of Holmes’ graduates. Accordingly, all assessment tasks need to comply with academic integrity guidelines. Table 1 identifies the six categories of Academic Integrity breaches. If you have any questions about Academic Integrity issues related to your assessment tasks, please consult your lecturer or tutor for relevant referencing guidelines and support resources. Many of these resources can also be found through the Study Sills link on Blackboard.
Academic Integrity breaches are a serious offence punishable by penalties that may range from deduction of marks, failure of the assessment task or unit involved, suspension of course enrolment, or cancellation of course enrolment.
Table 1: Six categories of Academic Integrity breaches
|Plagiarism||Reproducing the work of someone else without attribution. When a student submits their own work on multiple occasions this is known as self-plagiarism.|
|Collusion||Working with one or more other individuals to complete an assignment, in a way that is not authorised.|
|Copying||Reproducing and submitting the work of another student, with or without their knowledge. If a student fails to take reasonable precautions to prevent their own original work from being copied, this may also be considered an offence.|
|Impersonation||Falsely presenting oneself, or engaging someone else to present as oneself, in an in-person examination.|
|Contract cheating||Contracting a third party to complete an assessment task, generally in exchange for money or other manner of payment.|
|Data fabrication and falsification||Manipulating or inventing data with the intent of supporting false conclusions, including manipulating images.|
Source: INQAAHE, 2020
Group Assignment Specification
You are required to work in project teams to complete a project report based on a given case study. You will be expected to critically evaluate the project requirements and provide a project plan that includes all the tasks listed in the case study. There are seven sections; Part 1: Project Integration Management, Part 2: Project Scope Management, Part 3: Project Schedule Management, Part 4: Project Cost and Quality Management, Part 5: Project Resource and Communications Management, Part 6: Project Risk and Procurement Management, and Part 7: Project Stakeholder Management. There is folder named “Template folder” in BB that you need to download and use the provided template for each section. The assignment is divided into three deliverables:
- Draft of the project, due in week 7
- Final submission, due week 10
- For the Draft, write a report that presents all the key deliverables and team documentation required for this project. You are provided with a clear set of instructions, and a report template to ensure the report is appropriately and consistently structured according to requirements. It should include Student team assignment plan which should address how the student team intend to prepare and complete the report and key deliverables. Use a Gantt chart at the end of the draft report. The student team assignment plan must be kept up to date. Any changes made to the team tasks must be shown on the assignment plan. Your project supervisor (tutor) must be able to request and see an updated assignment plan at any time.
- Final Submission include the Final Report. As part of delivering the overall assignment, group members are expected to work together as a functioning project team. They need to create and complete the final project report (follow the report structure provided here) with all the required deliverables (see table below). The final submission should also include the Project Team Documentation that includes agendas and minutes. The project team documentation templates are located on Blackboard. Only use the templates provided for each requirement and put them all in the final report in the relevant section and submit only one file, not the separated template files!
Follow the structure of this report template:
- Exec Summary: No more than 2/3rds of a page. The executive summary should provide an overview of the report outcomes. Suggested links below may be of use to explain the purpose and how to write an executive summary.
Ø Table of contents page
- Introduction: State the purpose and objectives of the report.
Ø Part 1: Project Integration Management
- Part 2: Project Scope Management
Ø Part 3: Project Schedule Management
- Part 4: Project Cost and Quality Management
Ø Part 5: Project Resource and Communications Management
- Part 6: Project Risk and Procurement Management
Ø Part 7: Project Stakeholder Management
- Overall Summary: An overall summary of the report is required. Summarise your findings, consolidating and drawing attention to the main points of the report.
- Referencing: reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style. www.hndassignmenthelp.com
- All assignments must be submitted electronically ONLY, uploaded to Blackboard and Submission of SafeAssign. Submission deadlines are strictly enforced and a late submission incurs penalties.
- DO NOT SHARE YOUR ASSIGNMENT WITH OTHER STUDENTS under no circumstances even after the deadline and after you submitted it in the Blackboard or even after you have marked. If there will be any similarity detected by SafeAssign or the marker, it is an academic misconduct case and BOTH of the students will not be marked and reported to the institution for further investigation.
- Your document should be a single word or OpenOffice document containing your report.
- All submissions will be submitted through the safeAssign facility in Blackboard. Submission boxes linked to SafeAssign will be set up in the Units Blackboard Shell. Assignments not submitted through these submission links will not be considered.
- Submissions must be made by the due date and time (which will be in the session detailed above) and determined by your Unit coordinator. Submissions made after the due date and time will be penalized per day late (including weekend days) according to Holmes Institute policies.
- The SafeAssign similarity score will be used in determining the level, if any, of plagiarism. SafeAssign will check conference web-sites, Journal articles, the Web and your own class members submissions for plagiarism. You can see your SafeAssign similarity score (or match) when you submit your assignment to the appropriate drop- box. If this is a concern you will have a chance to change your assignment and resubmit. However, resubmission is only allowed prior to the submission due date and time. After the due date and time have elapsed your assignment will be graded as late. Submitted assignments that indicate a high level of plagiarism will be penalized according to the Holmes Academic Misconduct policy, there will be no exceptions. Thus, plan early and submit early to take advantage of the resubmission feature. You can make multiple submissions, but please remember we grade only the last submission, and the date and time you submitted will be taken from that submission.
|Deliverables||Mark allocation for each section|
|Draft: Prepare a Student team assignment plan outlining how the assignment report and deliverables will be prepared by the project team over the period of the assignment. Also present this in the form of a Gantt chart. (0-1)||5 marks|
|Part 1: Project Integration Management weighted scoring model (1-1)business case (1-2)Project Charter (1-3)request for change (1-4)||5 marks|
|Part 2: Project Scope Management requirements traceability matrix (2-1)an initial scope statement (2-2)work breakdown structure (WBS). (2-3, 2-4)||5 marks|
|Part 3: Project Schedule Management Team Project Schedule 3-1||5 marks|
|Part 4: Project Cost and Quality Management cost estimate and business case financial analysis (4-1, 4-2)cost baseline (4-3)quality requirements for testing (4-4, 4-5, 4-6)Pareto Chart (4-7)||5 marks|
|Part 5: Project Resource and Communications Management Recourse Histogram (5-1)communication management plan (5-2)progress report using a burndown chart (5-3)||5 marks|
|Part 6: Project Risk and Procurement Management risk register (6-1)probability/impact matrix (6-2)weighted scoring model (1-1)||5 marks|
|Part 7: Project Stakeholder Management stakeholder register (7-1)stakeholder management strategy (7-2)issue log (7-3)||5 marks|