ICT704 Cloud Database system
ICT704 Cloud Database Systems
Task 2 Semester 2, 2020
Assessment and Submission Details
Marks: 40 % of the Total Assessment for the Course
Due Date: Midnight Friday, 11th Sept Week 8
Assignments are to be submitted as a draft and then as a final submission (both by SafeAssign).
DO NOT SUBMIT THE ASSIGNMENT TO THE COURSE CO-ORDINATOR OR TUTOR.
The assignment will be marked out of a total of 100 marks. Once marked, ALL assignments will be checked for plagiarism and/or collusion between individuals.
Refer to your Course Outline or the Course Web Site for a copy of the “Student Misconduct, Plagiarism and Collusion” guidelines Academic Integrity Governing Policy
Note: Each student MUST be able to produce a second copy of their assignment and this copy MUST be produced within 24 hours of it being requested by the Course Co-ordinator. Failure to produce the second copy of the assignment when requested may result in loss of marks or a fail grade for the assignment.
Requests for an extension to an assignment MUST be made prior to the date of submission and requests made on the day of submission or after the submission date will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Use of NoSQL database
Use the provided EXCEL spreadsheet to identify your ERD
You have been approached by a business that have been considering updating their systems. With the upgrade, they have looked at potentially using a non-relational database for part/all of their database. They have approached you as a database consultant to determine their potential use of a non-relational database.
In your report you are required to provide justification of whether this business should implement a non-relational database(s). You will need to discuss the various types of non-relational databases and the pros and cons for that particular business.
You will choose the business based on your your student ID. If you do not use the correct business your marks will be affected.
You are required to write a business report for the management team which is formatted in a professional and meaningful structure. Please note, the standard report structure must be adhered to as per ‘The Communication Skills Handbook’ (Summers & Smith 2014).
Your report should be formatted as follows:
- title page;
- executive summary;
- body of the report with numbered sections;
- conclusions and recommendations; and
- a list of references with a minimum of 6 references from peer reviewed sources or from white papers published by technology companies such as IBM, Google, MIT etc.
Get Teel Structure Essay
The report is to be prepared as a single Microsoft Word document with electronic submission through SafeAssign by the due date (using the Draft Submission link and then the Final Submission link).
- Harvard style referencing is required (both in-text and reference list).
- The assignment will be assessed according to the marking rubric available on Blackboard.
- Late submission of the assignment will be penalised according to USC policy 7.8.2.
- Assignment grades will be made available on Blackboard with an electronic assignment marking sheet after Final Grades are released.
- Where an assignment is undergoing investigation for alleged plagiarism or collusion the grade for the assignment and the assignment will be withheld until the investigation has concluded.