Unit 2 Networking BTEC HND In Computing
Session: September 2021
|Programme title||BTEC HND in Computing|
|Unit number and title||2||Networking (L4)|
|Assignment number & title||1 of 1||Networking (L4)|
|Assessor (s)||Dr Abdul Adamu|
|Final assignment submission deadline||10-15 January 2022|
|Late submission deadline||17-22 January 2022 The learners are required to follow the strict deadline set by the College for submissions of assignments in accordance with the BTEC level 4 – 7 submission guidelines and College policy on submissions.|
|Feedback||Formative feedback will be available in class during the semester. Final feedback will be available within 2 – 3 weeks of the assignment submission date.|
|General Guidelines||The work you submit must be in your own words. If you use a quote or an illustration from somewhere you must give the source.Include a list of references at the end of your document. You must give all your sources of information.Make sure your work is clearly presented and that you use readily understandable English.Wherever possible use a word processor and its “spell-checker”.|
|Internal verifier||Mohammed Hasan|
|Signature (IV of the brief) *||MJ||Date||5/10/2021|
|ICON College of Technology and Management BTEC HND in Computing Unit 2: Networking (L4) Session: September 2021 Coursework Recommended word limit:3,000|
You are strongly advised to read “Preparation guidelines document” before answering your assignment.
This coursework is designed in the form of set questions and design scenario. The tasks are divided into four sections, with section compromising several questions. The coursework should be submitted as one document in a report format.
Assignment Scenario: Unit 2 Networking BTEC HND In Computing
ULKOM Pharmaceutical a subsidiary company of ULKOM Software and the company is building a new pharmaceutical centre in Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road due high demand for COVID19 treatment and testing equipment for NHS and leading Pharmacies in the UK. The centre includes modern equipped COVID 19 vaccination and testing labs.
The new centre LAN will incorporate 5 units: Head Office (15 computer), Packing and Assembling (10 computers), Sales (10 computers), Marketing (12 computers), COVID 19 vaccination and testing labs (20 computers).
You have graduated from BTEC L4 College in London, and recently hired by a ULKOM Software company in London. The project manager has asked you to help to plan and design the network infrastructure to meet the specific business requirements of new centre using Packet Tracer and/or any software tool of your choice. The network infrastructure should include switches, routers, wireless routers, cables, servers, printers and other network devices.
Below highlights information obtained during your discussion of the design with project manager
- The company will be using a private IP address 192.168.60.0/24
- The network users will require access for laptops and handheld mobile devices such as phones and PDAs as well as a reliable connection to all sites
- Employees would require file sharing facilities.
- There must be printing facilities at all sites.
- All staff must be able to log on to any of the networked computers.
- All staff must have access to the wireless router
- It must be possible to connect mobile devices to the network when giving presentations and during team meetings, which are held in the conference room.
A computer network is a collection of computing hardware and software devices linked together to facilitate communication and resource sharing among a wide range of users. Discuss the functional benefits and constraints of different network types and standards. There are several different types of network topologies, each with advantages and disadvantages. Explain the impact of network topology, communication and bandwidth requirements. To operate efficiently, the infrastructure of a network consists of devices that conform to well-known standards and protocols. Compare common networking principles and how protocols enable the effectiveness of networked systems. Considering a given scenario, identify the topology protocol selected for the efficient utilisation of a networking system.
Considering the uses of switches, routers and other networking devices in the above scenario: List and discuss the operating principles of networking devices and server types used. At the same time, discuss the interdependence of terminal hardware in conjunction with relevant software in relation to application availability, Cost of ownership and other critical factors that can impact the network performance. Also, explore a range of server types and justify the selection of a server, considering the given scenario regarding cost and performance optimisation.
For a small business organisation, growth and success is considered as a major elements. There are several things that can enable in achieving efficient computer network. This has many benefits such as reducing unnecessary costs, raising your business outcome and increasing business efficiency. Using Packet Tracer or any other software design the network system based on the scenario given above utilizing all the hardware and software selection of LO2. Also Test and evaluate the design to meet the requirements and analyse user feedback. Install and configure network services and applications of your choice. Design a maintenance schedule to support the networked system.
Documentation is important in troubleshooting networks in an effective and efficient manner. Troubleshooting will save the organisation time and money on the other hand. Therefore, before a technician can troubleshoot a network, proper documentation should exist, which will assist in finding the problem expeditiously. Implement a networked system based on a prepared design. Document and analyse test results against expected results. Recommend potential enhancements for the designed network systems. And finally, use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions. .
Note: You should attach all the documents including the results of your simulation as a separate file in the appendix section of your assignment. Without appropriate evidence(s) your assignment will not be marked.
To gain a Pass in a BTEC HND Unit, you must meet ALL the Pass criteria; to gain a Merit, you must meet ALL the Merit and Pass criteria; and to gain a Distinction, you must meet ALL the Distinction, Merit and Pass criteria
1. Learning Outcomes Unit 2 Networking BTEC HND In Computing and Assessment Criteria
|LO1 Examine networking principles and their protocols||LO1 & 2 D1 Considering a given scenario, iden0tify the topology protocol selected for the efficient utilisation of a networking system.|
|P1 Discuss the benefits and constraints of different network types and standards. P2 Explain the impact of network topology, communication and bandwidth requirements. .||M1 Compare common networking principles and how protocols enable the effectiveness of networked systems.|
|LO2 Explain networking devices and operations|
|P3 Discuss the operating principles of networking devices and server types. P4 Discuss the inter-dependence of workstation hardware with relevant networking software.||M2 Explore a range of server types and justify the selection of a server, considering a given scenario regarding cost and performance optimisation.|
|LO3 Design efficient networked systems|
|P5 Design a networked system to meet a given specification. P6 Test and evaluate the design to meet the requirements and analyse user feedback.||M3 Install and configure network services and applications on your choice.||D2 Design a maintenance schedule to support the networked system.|
|LO4 Implement and diagnose networked systems|
|P7 Implement a networked system based on a prepared design. P8 Document and analyse test results against expected results.||M4 Recommend potential enhancements for the networked systems.||D3 Use critical reflection to evaluate own work and justify valid conclusions.|
- Preparation guidelines of the Coursework Document
- All coursework must be word processed.
- Document margins must not be more than 2.54 cm (1 inch) or less than 1.9cm (3/4 inch).
- Font size must be within the range of 10 point to 14 point including the headings and body text.
- Standard and commonly used type face such as Times new Roman or Arial etc should be used.
- All figures, graphs and tables must be numbered.
- Material taken from external sources must be properly refereed and cited within the text using Harvard standard
- Do not use Wikipedia as a reference.
- Word limit must be strictly followed.
- Plagiarism and Collusion
Any act of plagiarism or collusion will be seriously dealt with according to the regulations. In this context the definition and scope of plagiarism and collusion are presented below:
Plagiarism is presenting somebody else’s work as your own. It includes copying information directly from the Web or books without referencing the material; submitting joint coursework as an individual effort.
Collusion is copying another student’s coursework; stealing coursework from another student and submitting it as your own work.
Suspected plagiarism or collusion will be investigated and if found to have occurred will be dealt with according to the college procedure. (For details on Plagiarism & Collusion please see the student hand book)
- Initial submission of coursework to the tutors is compulsory in each unit of the course.
- Student must check their assignments on ICON VLE with plagiarism software TurnItIn to make sure the similarity index for their assignment stays within the College approved level. A student can check the similarity index of their assignment three times in the Draft Assignment submission point located in the home page of the ICON VLE.
- All Final coursework must be submitted to the Final submission point into the unit (not to the Tutor). A student would be allowed to submit only once and that is the final submission.
- Any computer files generated such as program code (software), graphic files that form part of the coursework must be submitted as an attachment to the assignment with all documentation.
- The student must attach a tutor’s comment in between the cover page and the answer sheets in the case of Resubmission.
- Good practice
Make backup of your work in different media (hard disk, floppy disk, memory stick etc) to avoid distress for loss or damage of your original copy
- Extension and Late Submission
- If you need an extension for a valid reason, you must request one using an extenuating circumstances request form available from the college exam office and ICON VLE. Please note that the lecturers do not have the authority to extend the coursework deadlines and therefore do not ask them to award a coursework extension. The completed form must be accompanied by evidence such as a medical certificate in the event of you being sick
- Late submission will be accepted and marked according to the college procedure. It is noted that late submission may result in grading from PASS.
7. Submission deadlines
|Formative feedback||Week 12|
|Final Submission||10-15 January 2022|
|Late submission||17-22 January 2022|
Submit to: Online to the ICON VLE only
Analyse: Break an issue or topic into smaller parts by looking in depth at each part. Support each part with arguments and evidence for and against (Pros and cons)
Critically Evaluate/Analyse: When you critically evaluate you look at the arguments for and against an issue. You look at the strengths and weaknesses of the arguments. This could be from an article you read in a journal or from a text book.
Discuss: When you discuss you look at both sides of a discussion. You look at both sides of the arguments. Then you look at the reason why it is important (for) then you look at the reason why it is important (against).
Explain: When you explain you must say why it is important or not important. Evaluate: When you evaluate you look at the arguments for and against an issue. Describe: When you give an account or representation of in words.
Identify: When you identify you look at the most important points.
Define: State or describe the nature, scope or meaning.
Implement: Put into action/use/effect Compare: Identify similarities and differences Explore: To find out about
Recommend: Suggest/put forward as being appropriate, with reasons why
Order Now Unit 2 Networking BTEC HND In Computing | HND Assignment to www.hndassignmenthelp.com Because we provide assignments delivery on time with Quality. We have more than 7000+ Qualified and Experienced Experts in the team to give you the best online assignment help.