Why are communication protocols important
Importance Of Communication Protocol
• The importance of communication protocol in todays world?
• How important is it to know about network security threats such as identity theft and password theft? (250) Please provide the way we can prevent these threats
• The importance of WiMAX in today’s world?
Importance of communication protocol
Communication protocols are similar to traffic directors. They maintain all organized during computers are communicate to each other. Protocol has main role in communication and without it is not possible for one computer to converse with another computer.
For an example just thought that we are in France but we don’t know how to speak French. So it’s not possible to speak to a man who doesn’t understand any other language except French? Definitely not, although we could try to speak with him non-verbally but again we would be unable to let him know our though. To get it work either we require learning French or he requires knowing the language that we speak, than we both would be capable to talk contentedly. (Perlman, 1999)
This similar analogy is appropriates to Protocol of Internet, if one machine of computer want to receive or send data to another computer, than both of the computers should use similar protocol for completing the task.
Thus we can describe the Protocol as” The Rules which govern communication among more than two of the two computers”
The general protocols of Internet are as below
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocols (HTTP) supports us to see pages that are residing on other computer
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) supports us to receive or send file from one file to another.
- Post office Protocol and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (POP3/SMTP) supports us to receive and send emails. (Holzmann, 1991)
This is the form of stealing identity of someone in which somebody imagine to be someone else by presumptuous that identity of person, generally as the method to increase resource access or acquire credit and other advantages in that name of person.
Phishing is the name given to theft happened through online identity. It uses fraudulent websites and email which are designed to steal the personal information or data like numbers of credit card, account data, passwords, etc.
Con artists can send thousands of fraudulent email which contain links of websites which are fraudulent that emerge to come from the trusted websites, like credit card or bank company, and demand that you give personal data. (Jay, 2007)
Stealing of password is “Holy Grail” of the hacking. Once the combination of username/password can been found, the hacker should utilize that user account. Encryption, intrusion detection, firewalls, and some other countermeasures are ineffective against accounts which are stolen — accurately as it is not possible to differentiate among real user and some other user posing.
What to do?
1. Before clicking think twice:If you get an email which is not predictable, even from the website which you trust, use the tips to validate if email looks “phishy”.
2. Website verification should be done which asked for login: CAS (CalNet Authentication Service) is used by many applications of campus to ask to enter the credentials . To ensure it’s a login page which is authentic, check to ensure the URL that starts with https. (Federal, 2006)
It is known as Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access. This enables the last mile delivery of wireless broadband access as a substitute to Cable broadband and ADSL.
It also has each potential to substitute a quantity of current infrastructures for world communication. In the wireless region that is fixed, it can substitute the cellular zone, cable TV coaxial cable infrastructure and telephone copper wire networks. It has the capacity in place to fill-in of current networks of cellular.
The much significant thing concerning it is you obtain all its services that are cheaper comparing to services from recognized technologies like Fiber Optics, Cable, and ADSL etc.
The WiMAX magnitude and its bandwidth create it appropriate for broad likely usages.
It is the wireless that is powerful alternative to cable broadband access and ADSL.
Can connect with current hotspots Wi-Fi with each other and to rest of Internet
It can give services of mobile communication as high-quality. WiMax mobile service and its wireless broadband possibly work within the local loop. (Kaiser, 2008)
Importance of the wimax
1. This system gives internet access facilities through WiMax receiver and WiMax tower. This Tower is capable to cover the bigger area in range of eight thousand square kilometer. It is like tower of cell phone.
2. WiMax antenna and receiver work with similar direction as network of WiFi. It has facilities that are inbuilt to access network. The card PCMCIA is build-in with laptop to deliver and receive signals.
3. This tower station give facilities of high bandwidth such as T3 lines. It can be connected with wired connection.
4. WiMax gives connection in 2 kinds of service that is wireless. There are sight lines and sight non-line which is obtainable in the services of WiMax. The line-of-sight is additional static and good connectivity.
5. With network of non-line-of-sight work on same line with network of WiFi. In such case you require small antenna in computer to obtain the remote connection. WiMax gives the services in range of GHz 2 to 11. (Ergen,2009)
- Radia Perlman, 1999,Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols.2nd Editio
- Gerard J. Holzmann, 1991,Design and Validation of Computer Protocols.Prentice Hall, 1991
- Hoofnagle, Chris Jay, 2007, Identity Theft: Making the Known Unknowns Known
- Federal Trade Commission, 2006, Identity Theft Survey Report, p.
- K. Fazel and S. Kaiser,2008, Multi-Carrier and Spread Spectrum Systems: From OFDM and MC-CDMA to LTE and WiM
- M. Ergen,2009, Mobile Broadband – Including WiMAX and LTE